Monday, November 2, 2009

Why has baseball become so hard to watch?

So we are in game 5 in the fall classic and I have watched about all of it and wonder why I am struggling to enjoy this once wonderful time of the year.
Growing up and watching Met's pull out a squeaker over the Bosox's or even better watching Kirk Gibson do the impossible. But mostly watching the M's struggle all year long even with the likes K.Mitchell, Jeffery Leonard, M.Langston,heck even Omar V. graced the Kindome. I also had the pleasure of having SF giants fans in the family. I would have to listen about how great Will and Jack Clark were.
Now nearly 20 some odd yrs later I believe baseball has lost it luster maybe not for everyone but for me. I will not claim to be a purest, far from it I just think all these other things that go in the game that makes it so hard to watch, But will get back to that in a sec.
I used to lie in Washington DC metro area. I was able to go these park to watch games being played. Camden yards, the Vet, Yankee stadium and Shea. never made to Fenway but I hope to one day visit. Oh I should forget RFK the home of the Nats for a few. All of the parks great in each of there own special way some how gets ruined by their fans not all of them but a good 75% of them more in NY and Philly.
Yes the Yanks raise the rings none since 2000 I might add and you have the highest payroll in the world. Philly has the World Champ label right now after a long futile run of nothings. With all of that being said these two teams play great baseball. When it's being played. How many time does the catcher have to walk out the mound. How many times do the batters have to step out and do some ridicules move before settling in. and why does Jeter lean after every pitch he doesnt swing at. Why Icirho step out after every pitch and adjust his whole body.

I just want to be able sit down watch a game where the pitcher is dealing and the batters are swing no trips the mound from everyone. The game is already 1hr to long. MLB needs to put a limit on all these extra crap that goes on. Catcher gets one visit every 3 inning. Pitcher comes out no matter the count. Manager comes out no matter which one it is 1 visit a game per pitcher. Batters get one step out an at bat. you step any more its a strike. speed up the game. let us enjoy it again.

Also while I am on this little rant I gonna say what i am sure has already been said. This Yankee wins the world series with a team of all-stars. They all want championships I understand that why not to Boston or LA why NY. MONEY that's why. I really could care less if the Philly's win. But to see the Yanks lose is far better. I guess only time will tell if the greatest bought rings will head back to NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment